Lifeguarding / First Aid / CPR / AED
Questions? Contact your instructor:
(626) 345-0005 Ext. 2
The American Dental and Medical Institute
988 E Washington Blvd
Pasadena CA 91104
Upon completion of the American Red Cross Lifeguarding course students will be equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies in addition to providing professional-level care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until emergency medical services (EMS) personnel take over.
- Complete the online portion
- Must be at least 15 years of age on or before the last day of class
- Swim 300 yards (12 laps) continuously using freestyle or breaststroke
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Head must remain above the water.
- Complete the following event within 1 minute and 40 seconds: Swim 20 yards, retrieve a 10 pound weight from a depth of 7 feet, swim back 20 yards while holding the weight with both hands. Exit the water without using a ladder or steps. Goggles may not be used.
Testimonial from Lifeguarding student M.N.
"I took the lifeguarding class last weekend. Orchid our instructor was very professional and nice. Her stories and experiences were very helpful and it was nice to know she had life experience. Orchid stayed on point with the class. We had some video's to watch. Similar to the test that we took prior to the class. I was well prepared by watching the video's The class was at a nice facility in La Canada. Pool time was good and we were able to practice till we felt comfortable with the drill. The pool water temp was comfortable even in the cooler outside temperatures."
Call 888-988-ADMI (2364 ext 2) or email email@example.com for group discount and pricing.